I write and I type and I click and I clank
and I listen to the beat of those keys on the plank.
And it’s all too much and I know that it’s true
that I need soft music to dim that mechanical tune.
Pandora is slowly becoming my best buddy. I was a little late to the game in discovering it, but now that I’ve come to build my custom playlists around whatever mood I could possibly be in, I just can’t begin to articulate intelligently without that smooth jazz station that I’ve come to rely upon.
- Musicals for when I’m feeling peppy and fantastical, but also slightly depressed.
- Country for when the sun is shining and I’m in a tractor riding mood.
- Chumbawamba for those days I wear neon scrunchies and yearn for my 90’s childhood.
- Disney for every single day that I want to be happy.
- Love Songs for times that I want to envelop my feelings in sap.
- Smooth jazz for when I’m feeling classy and ready to write the greatest works known to man.
When I listen to music I feel a vitality and energy present in my words that I’d be missing without those soulful tones. I feel ready to write, eager to express, and positively busting to shine through that traditional text and set my words alight with passion.