Wow. Life moves quickly. Not only am I unsure how I’ve already reached the end of my junior year of college, I’m also confused as to where my sophomore and freshman year went.
At the beginning of this year (one roommate, a new major, and countless hikes across campus ago) I was coming off a pretty rough time. I hadn’t really found a niche for myself in college (which was all too familiar to my high school experience) and I spent more time traveling home than livin’ it up college style.
My goal for this year was simple; say yes to life. And looking back on my time now, I can truthfully say that I said yes and experienced much of what college life had to offer (while still focusing on my studies)
Some of my experiences include:
- Participating in Terp Thon and raising money for Children’s National Medical Center
- Hosting Manicure Movie Monday in our lounge
- Starting a job at UMD Dining Services and meeting some of my best friends
- Taking more pictures than I will ever need
- Throwing paint around with friends and strangers at Holi
- Becoming a part of Sign Language Club and visiting Gallaudet University
- Going on a dinner cruise at the Inner Harbor
- Partaking in a murder mystery dinner and successfully avoiding accusations
- Attending all of the movie nights and randomly themed UMD events
- Listened to the Dalai Lama give a lecture on peace
- Gaining an insane amount of weight from not watching my health and then working it all off
- Participating in an Alternative Spring Break and becoming an advocate for domestic violence victims
- Making an effort to hang out with friends and get in touch with people
- Running my first 5K to benefit Yeardly Love
- Attending all of the UMD men’s soccer games and becoming part of the Crew
- Crossing two items off of my bucket list (dying my hair red and attending a concert)
- Receiving 12 free UMD t-shirts
- Cheering my football team onto a Super Bowl victory
- STARTED A BLOG!
Holy cow I’ve done a lot. I know I’ve missed listing a ton more activities, but I’m just grateful that I’ll have this blog to look back so that I can relive all of these wonderful experiences.
Also, don’t expect much from me this summer, because I’m pretty sure it’ll take me up until September to recover from my junior year.